The Worcester Animal Rescue League (WARL) prides itself on giving compassion to every being that turns to them for help, providing shelter and care for animals as well as respect and resources for people. The $8,100 received today will directly impact the lives of shelter pets by providing support towards extraordinary diagnostic testing and procedures the animal desperately need.

WARL and Especially for Pets share similar values; both believe that caring for the pets and people in their community are a top priority, and through the education and promotion of responsible pet care, they can increase their ability to help those who need it the most. WARL is the largest animal shelter in Central Massachusetts and the only animal shelter in Worcester. Each year over 1,500 animals need their help; 70% arrive as strays from Worcester and the neighboring towns and the remaining 30% pets are surrendered by their owners, returned adoptions, or transferred from another welfare organization needing help.

Each quarter, a local non-profit organization is chosen to receive customer donations for pet nail grooming at all seven store locations. The check was presented by Especially for Pets’ Westborough Store Manager Dineece Bragg and Assistant Manager Niheeta Dalvi to Executive Director Allie Tellier and Kristin Mullins, Board Member. Allie explained:” The funds generated by the Especially for Pets’ Nail Clipping Drive will have an enormous impact on the animals in need at WARL. Medical procedures and treatments that were once incredibly difficult to provide in animal shelters are a reality at WARL and with the support of programs like this, the animals truly receive a second chance.”